What’s on in South Norfolk for Norfolk Day?
PUBLISHED: 13:14 24 July 2018 | UPDATED: 14:06 25 July 2018
The first ever Norfolk Day is set to take place on Friday, July 27 with businesses and communities hosting hundreds of events across the county.
Here is a list of just some of the events that will be taking place across South Norfolk in celebration of all things Norfolk.
• Barbecue and beer festival at Thomas Paine Hotel, Thetford. Enjoy a burger and a brew as the Thomas Paine Hotel celebrates all things Norfolk with longhorn burgers and steaks accompanied with Norfolk ales. Thomas Paine Hotel, 33 Whitehart St, Thetford IP24 1AA.
• Diss Gig in the Park music festival. Get your groove on in Diss Park as the Blockheads and more than 40 other DJs and acts turn the small town into a festival goers paradise. The gig will be celebrating Norfolk with its own Diss has Talent competition and a host of county food stalls and bars. Friday, July 27 - Sunday, July 29. Diss Park, Park Road, Diss. www.gig-in-the-park.co.uk/tickets
• The Fox Inn in Garbolisham, is going full Norfolk by changing their barrels to only offer ales made in Nelson’s County. With a few brews to get stuck into there will also be street food and the grand opening of the pub’s new kitchen. The Fox Inn, The Street, Garboldisham, Diss, IP22 2RZ.
• For those who are not looking to take in some of Norfolk’s fine ales Attleborough Women’s Institute will be hosting a Coffee Morning from 10am-1pm at Attleborough Town Hall. Town Hall, Queen’s Square, Attleborough NR17 2AF
• Thetford’s Methodist Church will come alive with a wonderful display of colour as it hosts a Flower Festival. Starting on Friday, July 27 - Sunday, July 29 the church will be vibrant with colour as flowers from across Norfolk are celebrated. Thetford Methodist Church, Tanner St, Thetford, IP24 2BQ.
• Those looking for a laugh can go down to the Green Dragon Tavern in Wymondham for the Norfolk Comedy Festival. From 2pm-7pm acts from Norfolk and across the country will take to the stage in celebration of Norfolk Day. Green Dragon Tavern, 6 Church St, Wymondham, NR18 0PH.
• Some of the best voices in Norfolk will be coming together in a Songs of Praise service at St Mary’s Church in Watton. From 10.30am on Sunday, July 29 voices will ring-out during the service in celebration of Norfolk Day. St Mary’s Church, Church Rd, Watton, Thetford, IP25 6DQ.
• Not only is Norfolk Day going to be a record breaker but there is also the chance to get into the Guiness Book of World Records as South Norfolk Council aims to set a new record for the most amount of people dressed as hares in one place. People are invited to come dressed up or put on face-paint and ears that will be available on the day. Broads Authority Totally Broads day at Whitlingham Country Park. Trowse, Norwich, NR14 8TR, Trowse, NR14 8TR.
• Residents in Attleborough, Hethersett and Great Yarmouth have a chance to look back at pictures from the area and see how they have changed as Norfolk Libraries use green screen technology combined with the Picture Norfolk Collection for Picture Yourself in the Past. Friday, July 27 at Attlebrough, Hethersett and Great Yarmouth Library.
• Find out the historical secrets of Swaffham as Swaffham Museum manager Dr Sue Gattuso leads a history walk from Swaffham library. Starting at 2pm on Friday, July 27. The Pightle, Swaffham, PE37 7DF.
• Read more about #NorfolkDay by following @Norfolk on Twitter and by visiting the ‘Norfolk Day’ Facebook group.