Five places to buy pancakes on Shrove Tuesday
PUBLISHED: 15:49 04 March 2019 | UPDATED: 09:07 05 March 2019
Everyone has their own way of celebrating Pancake Day - family feasts, church gatherings, and sugar-fests among friends.
But if you can’t handle the hassle of cooking yourself, where in and around Diss can you get yourself a pancake this week?
1. Cafe Delices on Mere Street can start your day off right with its Pancake Breakfast: Three pancakes, three pieces of bacon, scrambled eggs and maple syrup for £6.95.
2. Time Out cafe on Victoria Road will do you home-made American pancakes with maple syrup and ice cream for £3.95.
3. For crepe style pancakes with bacon and maple syrup, try The Angel Cafe on Fair Green starting at £3.50.
4. The Farmer’s Kitchen, a little further afield in Harleston, are putting on an after school pancake special at 3pm on Tuesday. Build your own pancake with two traditional pancakes, lots of toppings and a drink for £5.
5. At Eye Bowls Club the annual All You Can Eat pancake event will be kicking off at 6pm on Tuesday. With proceeds going to support the Vic Dashwood Memorial Fund in aid of St Nicholas Hospice, tickets are £5 for adults and £3 for children aged four to 11 on the door or by calling the Sue Whymark Funeral Service on 01379 871168.